Come join our team and make a difference! SBW Consulting has been a leader in the clean energy field for over 30 years, with a stellar reputation in energy efficiency program development and evaluation. Our clients include utilities, regional organizations, and building owners looking to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions at commercial, residential, and industrial facilities. Our practice is growing—with large, multi-year contracts offering cutting-edge and stimulating technical work. We’re excited about our emerging work on building electrification, building performance standards, and DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion).
SBW Consulting is currently seeking a full-time engineer with a passion for and experience in engineering/scientific analysis and research. Primary responsibilities will be analyzing and researching energy efficiency projects and programs in a highly collaborative environment. This position provides opportunities for advancement and steadily increasing responsibility.
Key job duties include the following:
- Assess energy use and GHG emissions using rigorous analytical and measurement techniques in commercial, industrial, and residential facilities
- Collect customer data through on-site and remote observations, interviews, and metering.
- Develop and review custom engineering calculations to evaluate energy use.
- Set up and perform in-depth energy performance modeling of equipment, systems, and buildings with simulation software packages or statistical analyses.
- Work efficiently and collaboratively with others on complex projects.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least three years of professional or academic work experience in the energy efficiency (EE)/distributed energy resources (DER) field with a B.S. degree in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline.
- Excellent writing, computer, and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also hold these qualifications:
- Experience analyzing energy use in commercial or industrial systems.
- Demonstrated physics-based modeling or statistical data analysis skills.
- Data processing and coding skills, preferably with R or Python.
- Experience with distributed energy systems, microgrids, GHG inventories, and energy storage.
At SBW Consulting, we envision a world that uses resources wisely. Our mission is to help society combat climate change through more efficient energy and water use. To that end, we have been running innovative programs and performing groundbreaking work in resource efficiency throughout North America since our inception in 1990.
We pride ourselves on being independent, innovative, and rigorous in what we do—always keeping in mind the larger context—and successfully applying many decades of collective engineering experience to a wide array of industry challenges.
Our efforts over the years have reduced resource use and GHG emissions at thousands of residences, businesses, and industries across the United States. Our headquarters is near Seattle, Washington, and we have field locations throughout the U.S.
What makes SBW a great place to work?
- We are a close-knit, caring group of people who work well together to achieve collective success.
- We are passionate about what we do and share a common commitment to high-quality work and top-notch service for our clients.
- We are proud of our strong reputation, national profile, and our proven adaptability over the decades.
- We are excited about the future of our field and expect to contribute to that future in the years to come.
- We are committed to employees’ professional development via mentoring and training opportunities. SBW has a demonstrated track record of promoting from within.
- We are committed to hiring individuals from groups underrepresented in our field.
- We offer a flexible work environment, with working arrangements tailored to individuals’ circumstances and an emphasis on appropriate work-life balance.
Salary Range: The salary range for all locations is $80-$91K annually, depending on experience.
Compensation and Benefits: SBW provides its employees a professional, collaborative, and family-friendly work environment. The latter includes options for flexible schedules and working remotely. We offer a competitive salary, a monthly health insurance stipend, an annual performance bonus, generous paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employer matching, and a comprehensive benefits package. SBW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Locations: We have openings in our Bellevue, WA and Longmont, CO offices, but are flexible, as we currently have employees working remotely in several other states. We are amenable to setting up temporary or permanent remote working arrangements.
Application Process: Please email a cover letter, two references, a resume, and a sample of your writing and analysis work as a single Word document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the string “SBW Website EEEngineer” in the subject line. It may take up to four to six weeks to receive a response. Due to time constraints, we are only able to reach out to qualified applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
SBW is an Equal Opportunity Employer