Come join our team and make a difference! SBW Consulting has been a leader in the clean energy field since 1990, with a stellar reputation in energy efficiency program development and evaluation. Our clients include utilities, government agencies and other regional organizations, building owners, and tech companies looking to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions at commercial, residential, and industrial facilities. Our evaluation practice is growing—with large, multi-year contracts offering cutting-edge and stimulating technical work.
Job description: Full-time summer intern with a passion for engineering/scientific analysis and research. Primary responsibilities will be analyzing and researching energy efficiency and electrification projects and programs in a highly collaborative environment. This may include reviewing energy calculations, performing data analysis, and undertaking industry literature reviews, as well as other technical tasks that may arise.
- Pursuing at least a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- Entering college senior year or entering or currently attending graduate school
- Strong communication and data skills, including spreadsheet experience
- Data processing and coding skills, such as with R, Python, or Matlab
- Experience or passion for working with distributed energy systems, microgrids, GHG inventories, or energy storage
About our company: At SBW Consulting, we envision a world that uses resources wisely. Our mission is to help society combat climate change through more efficient energy and water use. To that end, we have been running innovative programs and performing groundbreaking work in resource efficiency throughout North America since our inception in 1990. We pride ourselves on being independent, innovative, and rigorous in what we do—always keeping in mind the larger context—and successfully applying many decades of collective engineering experience to a wide array of industry challenges. Our efforts over the years have reduced resource use and GHG emissions at thousands of residences, businesses, and industries across the United States. Our headquarters is near Seattle, Washington, and we have a field office in Colorado along with remote employees in eastern Washington, Oregon, Idaho, South Carolina, and Arkansas.
What makes SBW a great place to work?
- We are a close-knit, caring group of people who work well together to achieve collective success
- We are passionate about what we do and share a common commitment to high-quality work and top-notch service for our clients
- We are proud of our strong reputation, national profile, and our proven adaptability over the decades
- We are excited about the future of our field and expect to contribute to that future in the years to come
- We are committed to employees’ professional development, via mentoring and training opportunities
- SBW has a demonstrated track record of promoting from within
- We offer a flexible work environment, with working arrangements tailored to individuals’ circumstances, and emphasis on appropriate work-life balance
Compensation and Benefits: This position is for the summer of 2023, up to 40 hours a week, with options for remote work. It also offers the possibility of continuing work up to 20 hours a week during the school year with flexibility around school schedule. Pay rate is $20-$24 an hour, depending on skill level. A laptop will be provided and other workplace equipment may be provided as needed.
Locations: We have openings in our Bellevue, WA and Longmont, CO offices. While the work can be done remotely, we will arrange in-office times to engage with technical staff and/or Principals.
Application Process: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include the string “TechIntern” in the subject line.